Friday, August 9, 2013

It's in the bag, journey in a suitcase

Artisan books, my most favourite bookshop, has an artist book exhibition each year and today I completed my entry - hopefully it will be accepted..ugh.  The show isn't until September, it is always wonderful.
I'm so excited as usually I am spending late night completing it at the last minute, but it has been a very cold, wet and blustery day here in melbourne so it was easy to stay inside and knuckle down.

I have made a little suitcase book before, it is made using a large matchbox!  I decided that I could make a little friend for the first suitcase.Then came the difficult decision, what on earth do I put in it?? This year there was no theme for the artist book show.
Finally decision made,  it would be a little journey from the Swiss Alps to Venice by train, all in pictures of course!
So here it is.





and here is one of the little stitched birds flying (on a spring) over the mountains, and the wood engraved trees!

this little boat is a pop out on tabs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment